Hard Lines Assistant Store Manager
TITLE: Hard Lines Assistant Store Manager
Reports To: Store Manager
Assist store manager in coordinating all store activities. Must accept responsibility for the stores overall operation in the absence of the store manager. A vital management position designed to exercise basic management skills.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trains, supervises and develops store personnel as delegated by store manager
- Monitors inventory level of resale merchandise.
- Responsible for all hard lines merchandising in store. Ensuring displays are full, clean, merchandise is rotated and follows merchandising policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all reports that are necessary for the function of the business.
- Balance store financial records and drop bank deposits.
- May be required to work in other store locations.
- Ensures adequate store sales
- Delegates store responsibilities to the support staff
- Implements new store programs and recommends improvements to promote greater efficiency and lower operating costs
- Services referral clients with the selection of merchandise
- Develops weekly work schedule for all employees
- Addresses customer concerns/complaints effectively and in a timely manner.
- Promote sales activity while controlling expenses
- Creatively exhibit merchandise
- Responsible for loss prevention and Store security
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Cashier/retail experience required.
- Leadership ability required
- The ability to drive sales is required.
- Teamwork oriented to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Some knowledge of creative merchandising
- Ability to interact effectively and pleasantly with public and client contacts
- Qualify on basic skills and math test
- Qualify on required pre-employment physical including drug screen
- Perform any additional duties or tasks as requested.
- Resale/retail store environment
- Daily interaction with the public
- Evening and Weekend Work
- Must be able to lift 50Ibs.
- Ability to travel within the Metro Detroit area.